Back with another Trader Joes Thursday! Today I will be talking about the top 5 candies we sell. This post will not include any chocolate products; that will be separate! Now let’s dive in!
- Scandinavian Swimmers- my personal favorite. They taste exactly like Swedish Fish but do not contain dyes/artificial colors, gluten, artificial flavors, or gelatin. So yes; they are VEGAN FRIENDLY! I myself am not vegan but do appreciate a good vegan product when I see it. I highly recommend these!!
- Mango! Mango! Fruit and Yogurt Gummies- these are mango flavored gummies and they are so delicious. I absolutely love mangoes so trying these was a no brainer. I was certainly not disappointed and you won’t be either! They are the perfect fruity sweet treat!
- Assorted 18 Flavor All Natural Jellybeans- like any of our products, these jellybeans do not contain dyes or artificial flavors. The serving size is very generous and they taste amazing. I also love the flavor variation!
- Gummy Tummy Gummy Penguins- these are gummy penguins with w liquid center that is either lime, strawberry or cherry flavored. These are an old favorite of mine from before I was even a crew member and I still love them to this day. Plus, they’re just so cute!
- Fruit Jellies- these remind me so much of those Sunkist fruit gummies. There are 6 different fruit flavors and they certainly pack a punch. I keep a box in my room and grab 2 or 3 every now and then and it satisfies my sweet tooth right away!
What section would you like to see highlighted next week? Let me know in a comment! Bye for now!
Lets be real….we all love drugstore makeup. I got my makeup start at the drugstore and it will always have a place in my little beauty loving heart. Lip products are one of my favorite makeup items, and pink is my go to color. Pictured below are my top 5 pink lip products from the drugstore and swatches. For the purpose of this post, I am including a Colourpop product. Not available at the drugstore but is priced as such. (Side note: check out Colourpop if you have not already; they’re the best!)
From left to right:
- Colourpop Lippie Stick in Lumiere- I cannot say enough about how much I love Colourpop; especially their lip products. This Lippie stick is part of the Kathleen Lights collection and she is one of my favorite youtubers; so I was all over this. It’s a gorgeous mauve-pink shade that glides on the lips and lasts damn near all day when used with a lip primer. It’s a must have!
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in Devotion- One of my favorite liquid lipstick formulas from the drugstore. The applicator makes it super easy to work with, it has amazing color pay off and surprising staying power when paired with a lip liner. I will caution you that it is rather drying, so moisturizer your lips before applying this!
- NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake- NYX is one of my favorite brands, and their Butter Glosses are my favorite lip glosses of all time. Like all the others, Angel Food Cake is super pigmented for a gloss, has a stunning color and just feels so comfortable of the lips. I like to wear it over many of my pink lipsticks that are too bright to tone them done or to just add some shine.
- Burts Bees Lipstick in Lily Lake- I was so excited when I heard these were coming out, and I was not disappointed. I own 3 shades and this one is my favorite of the 3. It is a pink lipstick with a bit of a purple undertone. It does have a sheer finish but is pigment packed and sits so comfortable on the lips. Bonus: not drying in the least.
- Maybelline ColorSensational in Lust for Blush- I saved the best for last, because this is my absolute favorite of the 5 mentioned today. It is a gorgeous, dusty pink shade with a true matte finish. I cannot say enough about this color and just trust me when I say you need this in your life. This is my go to lip color and I reach for it constantly! It is not transfer proof, however, but reapplication is a breeze!
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Until next time!
I am a Platinum Rewards member at Ulta. Recently, I got a 5 times the points perk on all Urban Decay purchases. Of course, I was over the moon because Urban Decay is one of my all time favorite brands. How could I say no?! I grabbed 3 products; pictured below.
I know what you’re thinking…..”TWO Naked palettes?! Girl you crazy!” But hear me out!
I have had my eye on the Naked Smoky Palette ever since I saw Andrea Matillano from YouTube talk about it in her palette collection video. I had also been wanting to try the De-Slick Setting Spray to tame my oily skin. After purchasing those two items, I looked at my reward statement and noticed I had $56 in rewards points. I already owned and LOVE Naked 1 and 3 and was quickly being won over by Naked Smoky. So, I figured why not complete the collection and grav Naked 2 since I had the rewards points to cover it? Score.
Let me start with the palettes. I’m sure you already know all the Naked Palettes are top notch quality, and there is a reason they are cult favorites.
I mean…..just look at them. I could die.
Next, the setting spray. I was certainly not disappointed! I applied a full face of makeup, sprayed on this bad boy and went to work. After coming home almost 10 hours later, my makeup was still flawless and no oil in sight! It’s the same amazing quality you would expect from Urban Decay. If you have oily skin, I HIGHLY recommend this.
So there you have it! What are your Urban Decay faves? What have you hauled lately that you’re in love with?! Let me know!! Until next time, loves.
On my latest Walgreens run, I stumbled upon a product I had never seen before: the Wet n Wild Color Icon Metallic Liquid Lipsticks. My curiosity was piqued, so I purchased 2 of the 6 shades; pictured below.
On the left: Peony Express
On the right: My Tulips are Sealed
Right off the bat I will say I love the packaging. It is sturdy, sleek and aesthetically pleasing. Next, the obvious step was to put them on the lips.
Here’s Peony Express:
Here’s My Tulips are Sealed:
Well, they’re definitely metallic.
The applicator is your typical doe foot applicator; it is very similar to the feel of the applicator on the Maybelline Color Elixir glosses. Which is fitting because the tacky feel and lack of staying power and pigmentation would lead you to believe these are glosses.
That being said, they would probably be stunning over a satin or even matte lipstick; or for a bright and fun pop of color.
Overall I would say not to lose your marbles over these because they aren’t the best. If you can find a way to make them work, then I would absolutely go for it!!
Have you tried this product yet? What are your thoughts?
Happy Thursday! Today’s theme will be frozen vegetables from Trader Joes that I believe are the top 5 best!
I have been working for Trader Joes for about 9 months now and was a religiously devoted customer beforehand. Yes, I know what you’re wondering….and it is indeed a phenomenal place to work 🙂
Let’s get into it!
- Organic Riced Cauliflower- a staple of many Weight Watchers programs, this is a very low carb alternative to rice. I absolutely love this stuff. At my store it is super popular and is usually sold out by noon on any given day. Due to its popularity and our difficult finding suppliers, the warehouse we use imposes a 2 case limit per day and there are only 24 bags per case. Not too much to work with when people are coming in and buying bags by the 10s. If you can get your hands in a bag, do it! You won’t be disappointed! (Side note: this product is also available fresh from the produce section in most regions).
- Zucchini Fries- while some may not consider this a vegetable, I decided to include it here. These are so good I have come to prefer them over normal fries. They are super soft so if you are a mushy French fry lover these are perfect for you. They are a staple in my freezer and once you try them, I’m sure they’ll be a staple in yours too!
- Misto alla Griglia- fancy for grilled eggplant and zucchini. This is just such a light, fresh side dish for any meal. It tastes just as good as if you had grilled them yourself and they are super low calorie. I personally love eggplant and zucchini; especially grilled. So this one was a no brainer for me. Serve it as a side with pasta or marinated chicken….you’ll never go back!
- True Belgian Brussel Sprouts- I know I know….who wants to eat Brussel sprouts, am I right? This item is more so on the list for the value. As a disclaimer, prices do vary by region, but at my store, a bag of these bad boys is only 99 cents so I would assume it can’t be much more than that anywhere else. If you’re looking for a clean eating option at a great price, look no further!
- French Green Beans- for the price, you get one big honkin bag of green beans. They’re super easy to prepare in the microwave and can be topped with oil, salt, etc. They are French style haricot betts type beans so they will be on the thinner side, but they’re delicious; I promise.
There you have it….from a crew member themself! What section would you like to see highlighted next week? Let me know in a comment! Bye for now, friends! 🙂
Yes, it is now Wednesday. Sorry; life got in the way of me posting yesterday!! Let’s get into it, shall we?
The theme this week will be my top 5 favorite makeup brushes for use in the face. They are pictured below!
Counter clockwise from the top:
- Up&Up Powder Brush- this is available at Target. This is an old standby for me. It is SUPER soft, and retains that softness over time. It always cleans super easily and is perfect for blending out a contour!
- Real Techniques Bold Metals Tapered Blush Brush- I bought mine at Ulta, but they are available at many places. Now I don’t know about you but I find angled/tapered brushes so much easier to apply blush with. This one makes it almost effortless. Bonus….it’s rose gold! I mean look how pretty it is!! I normally clean my brushes once per week but I always have to clean this one and my other bold metals brushes after each use because I’m terrified of staining them….ha.
- ELF Blending Brush- Got mine at Target. I love this brush for buffing in my foundation. It works wonders!! For $6 it has never once shed on me and it reminds me very much of the IT Cosmetics buffing brush for significantly less. My only gripe is that it starts to smell after a little while but as long as you diligently clean it that shouldn’t be a problem! It is an absolute must for under $10!
- Real Techniques Setting Brush- I got mine at Kohls on Black Friday but they are available at many drugstores and Ulta. This brush is IDEAL for setting under eye concealer. It fits perfectly! It is also under $10….yes please!
- ELF Angled Blush Brush- I bought mine at Target! As I previously stated, I love angled and tapered brushes for applying brushes. ELF is fantastic quality and super affordable! This makes applying blush a breeze, and this brush would also be great to contour with. Also, it never sheds. Score!
Well there you have it!!! Check back tomorrow for Trader Joes (my place of employment) Thursday where I will highlight some of my favorite products from each section. Bye for now!!
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! My name is Madison, and this is my face!
This blog will be a fashion and beauty blog; mostly beauty. Now, as an introduction, here are a few things about me:
- I am 22 years old and live in Western NY
- The name of this blog comes from the fact that I am a whopping 4 ft 10 in. Yeah…..I know.
- I have oily/combination skin that is prone to redness and acne. Its also very sensitive.
- I have fine hair with an oily scalp.
- I have blonde hair and blue eyes.
- I have cool undertones.
- I am nearsighted an wear glasses (no I do not have contacts nor do I want them)
- I have my BS in Forensic Science.
- I am a huge Disney nerd.
- I absolutely love floral prints.
- I am a crew member at Trader Joes; so expect to see them mentioned several times!
I will post 2-3 times per week and am always willing to take suggestions! I will be doing a favorites series on Tuesdays that will be called “Top 5 Tuesdays” where I will discuss my top 5 favorite (insert item here). Again, suggestions welcome! 🙂
I am very excited to start this journey and hope you all enjoy my musings and various topics! Check back soon for more!