Happy Thursday! Today’s theme will be frozen vegetables from Trader Joes that I believe are the top 5 best!
I have been working for Trader Joes for about 9 months now and was a religiously devoted customer beforehand. Yes, I know what you’re wondering….and it is indeed a phenomenal place to work 🙂
Let’s get into it!
- Organic Riced Cauliflower- a staple of many Weight Watchers programs, this is a very low carb alternative to rice. I absolutely love this stuff. At my store it is super popular and is usually sold out by noon on any given day. Due to its popularity and our difficult finding suppliers, the warehouse we use imposes a 2 case limit per day and there are only 24 bags per case. Not too much to work with when people are coming in and buying bags by the 10s. If you can get your hands in a bag, do it! You won’t be disappointed! (Side note: this product is also available fresh from the produce section in most regions).
- Zucchini Fries- while some may not consider this a vegetable, I decided to include it here. These are so good I have come to prefer them over normal fries. They are super soft so if you are a mushy French fry lover these are perfect for you. They are a staple in my freezer and once you try them, I’m sure they’ll be a staple in yours too!
- Misto alla Griglia- fancy for grilled eggplant and zucchini. This is just such a light, fresh side dish for any meal. It tastes just as good as if you had grilled them yourself and they are super low calorie. I personally love eggplant and zucchini; especially grilled. So this one was a no brainer for me. Serve it as a side with pasta or marinated chicken….you’ll never go back!
- True Belgian Brussel Sprouts- I know I know….who wants to eat Brussel sprouts, am I right? This item is more so on the list for the value. As a disclaimer, prices do vary by region, but at my store, a bag of these bad boys is only 99 cents so I would assume it can’t be much more than that anywhere else. If you’re looking for a clean eating option at a great price, look no further!
- French Green Beans- for the price, you get one big honkin bag of green beans. They’re super easy to prepare in the microwave and can be topped with oil, salt, etc. They are French style haricot betts type beans so they will be on the thinner side, but they’re delicious; I promise.
There you have it….from a crew member themself! What section would you like to see highlighted next week? Let me know in a comment! Bye for now, friends! 🙂