In honor of the new Alice Through the Looking Glass movie being released today (cue the fangirling) I will be reviewing and swatching the new palette from Urban Decay. Spoiler alert: I am OBSESSED. This is what it looks like:
Can we just take a minute and appreciate this packaging?
Then when you open it:
Wait for it…..
HOW STINKIN CUTE.
Now that I’m done geeking out over the packaging, about the actual makeup inside…..
It comes with 20 different shades and a double sided brush. The shades have various finishes, and are the typical high quality you would expect from Urban Decay.
The idea of this palette is that each column represents a different character in the movie. I will search them by column!
Column 1: Alice
Column 2: The Mad Hatter
Column 3: Mirana
Column 4: Iracebeth
Column 5: Time
As you can plainly see, beautiful palette. You could really do so many different looks with this! As a huge Alice fan and a makeup lover, I have to give it two thumbs up!
Have you tried this palette yet? What are your thoughts?! 🙂
As you can tell from the title, today’s topic will be my top 5 recommendations for juice and iced tea from Trader Joes!
- Unsweetened Blueberry Pomegranate Green Tea- for it being unsweetened it is packed with flavor. I always have this on hand and it is an absolute favorite of mine. For an adult beverage, add a little vodka to it.
- Organic Mango Lemonade- I do not like the real heavy, sugary after taste that most lemonade leaves in your mouth, but this one doesn’t have that at all. Plus, I absolutely love mangoes! This is the perfect summer treat and gives ordinary lemonade a little something extra!
- Organic Black Tea/Lemonade- this is basically Arnold Palmer. I love adding a splash of vodka to this in the summer time! It’s great to have on hand for parties or just for a hot summer day!
- Tropical Carrot Juice– do not be fooled by the name, because this stuff tastes nothing like carrots. It’s a really great way to trick kids into drinking vegetable juice!
- Tejava- this is your basic, unsweetened black tea that is anything but basic. I cannot tell you how amazing this is and I am not sure why that is since it is literally just black tea. However, I highly recommend snagging some because it is super popular and sells out so quick!
What section would you like to see highlighted next week?! Let me know, and happy shopping!
Greetings! Sorry for the late postand my lack of posts lately; I have been working like an animal and have no time to myself! I know it’s Thursday but I just had to still do a top 5! But enough about that!!! Today I will be talking about my top 5 eyeliners from the drugstore!
From left to right:
- Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner- I recently got this from a coworker as a birthday gift because she said its her holy grail. I can definitely see why now because I have fallen in love with it! It is such a rich, intense black and it is super easy to work with. The tip is a tapered felt tip that is super flexible so it’s so easy to do a cat eye with. I do not know where this thing has been all my life but I am so happy we found each other!
- Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen- felt tip eyeliners are my favorite, and this one delivers. The pigmentation is awesome, the staying power is unreal and the tip is a little stiffer so I feel like I have more control. The funny thing is I discovered this one totally on accident; I needed a new eyeliner and bought this one strictly because I had a Revlon coupon. Talk about fate, right?
- Essence Gel Eyeliner- potted liners like this are something I really only use on days when I have a lot of time on my hands or for special occasions. That being said, this one is the only one I reach for anymore! It is crazy black, super smooth and wears extremely well. I picked this up at Ulta just to try it out and I highly recommend you do the same!
- Rimmel London ScandalEyes Precision Micro Liner- I have tried the original ScandalEyes felt tip liner and loved it, so I wanted to give the fine tip one a try. I am so glad I did because this eyeliner is BOMB. It is so super easy to get right along the upper lash line with this and to create the “framework” if you will of a cat eye. Definitely a staple in my collection!
- CoverGirl Liquiline Blast Gel Eye Pencil- I absolutely love the look of gel eye pencils; especially on the waterline. This one is fantastic. It isn’t super long lasting but while it does last, it is super richly pigmented and just absolutely stunning. I would even say it’s comparable to the Marc Jacobs Blacquer Liner (a high end favorite of mine).
What is your favorite drugstore eyeliner? I am always looking for new recommendations so please let me know what your go to is!!
Until next time…..
Happy Tuesday! Being that I have very sensitive skin, I thought this topic was worth mentioning in case any of you guys also have sensitive skin. Let’s dive right in, shall we?
- Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk- my top favorite for sure. It has a very subtle vanilla/almond scent that is so classic and universally appealing. It is also very thick so it feels extremely moisturizing on the skin; which it is! I use this every night after I shower with the Soap and Glory Rich and Foamous Body Wash, both available at Ulta. I highly recommend using both together!
- Burts Bees Cucumber and Aloe Sheer Spray Lotion- What I really love about this lotion is the light, airy feel. Despite this, it is very moisturizing! It smells amazing as well; very fresh and clean. I like to use this on hotter days because it it very light and cooling. It also is great on sunburn because of the aloe. If you can get your hands on this, I highly recommend it.
- Trader Joes Pumpkin Body Butter- this product is only available during the fall, but I had to mention it. It smells EXACTLY like the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin lotion from Bath and Body Works, but at about a third of the price. It is also thicker, more moisturizing and not as perfume-y. There is a coconut body butter from Trader Joes that is also very good, and is available year round.
- Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Stress Relief Lotion- this lotion really is calming. There are times when I come home from work and I am just so tired and stressed. That is when I reach for this lotion. It is super creamy, has a very calming scent and is just all around appealing. I also like using the stress relief body wash and pillow mist, which I also recommend.
- Hempz Vanilla Plum Herbal Body Moisturizer- I recommend all Hempz lotions, but this one is my favorite. It never irritates my skin, it has a very subtle scent and leaves my skin feeling silky and moisturized. It is a tad pricy but it is SO worth it, and Ulta always has sales on this product, so it’s easy enough to get at a discount.
What are your favorite lotions? What products do you recommend for sensitive skin? I would love to hear your recommendations!
ELF is one of my favorite brands! It is so affordable and super great quality for the price. Recently, I picked up 3 of ELF’s $6 palettes: the bronzer palette, the contour palette and the illuminating palette.
From left to right: bronzer palette, contour palette and illuminating palette.
Let’s start with the bronzer palette. I love how blendable these are. I also love how you are able to blend shades together to get a better fit.
Same deal with the contour palette. I love it. Mainly to travel with so I only need 1 product for my contour. Plus, like the bronzer palette, it’s super easy to blend.
Now, the illuminating palette. I will say I do not hate it. It is a decent product. However, it kicks up hella powder, does not blend all that easily and I feel like it sits on top of the skin instead of seamlessly blending with the rest of your products. Now it is possible to blend it and make it look nice, but it takes a little more effort than I’m willing to put in everyday; ya feel?
Have you tried any of the ELf palettes? What are your thoughts?
See you tomorrow for top 5 Tuesday, lovelies!
Hope you are all having a great week! Here are my top 5 recommendations from the health and beauty section of Trader Joes!
- Micellar Makeup Cleansing Wipes- these are AWESOME. It’s thin packaging so it’s a breeze to travel with, theyre not scratchy and best of all? They take off waterproof mascara. Need I say more? A favorite of mine for sure.
- Oil Free Moisturizer- this thing is incredible. I’ve had it for almost a year and it’s still about half full; it lasts a long time! Just use about a quarter sized amount once a day and you’re good to go. It’s oil free so obviously it’s not oily, it melts into your skin and is fragrance free so it’s great for sensitive skin. I have never loved a moisturizer more than this one!
- Toms of Maine Deodorant- my favorite thing about this is that it’s aluminum free; so it’s better for my sensitive skin. I also like that it’s clear; so I don’t get funky white spots on my clothes. It’s also unscented; so it doesn’t clash with or overpower my perfume. A win for sure.
- Toms of Maine Antiplaque Toothpaste- this is a great option if your like natural products. It doesn’t have an awful taste to it like a lot of toothpastes and it leaves you with a fresh, minty mouth. 🙂
- Lavender Spa Lotion- all you have to do is smell it and you’ll understand. It has such a calming, beautiful scent that will just relax you. I will caution you that the scent is very strong; so if you do not like strong smells, steer clear of this.
Well, there you have it! What section would you like to see highlighted next week? Let me know! Bye for now beauties!
The topic of today’s top five Tuesday will be my top 5 favorite blushes!
Clockwise from the left:
- Too Faced Sweethearts Blush in the shade “Something About Berry”- this is a gorgeous pink/mauve blush that is extremely flattering in those with cool undertones like myself. It is also super easy to blend and does have a bit of shimmer to it so you could totally get away with wearing it sans highlighter. Bonus!
- Wet n Wild ColorIcon Blush in the shade “Rose Champagne”- I gotta be honest; I HATED the original ColorIcon blushes. That being said, even with the new formula being released, I was not optimistic and had no plans to purchase it. That is until I heard Kathleen Lights rave about this very blush and I knew I needed it. I am so glad I picked it up because I LOVE IT. It is a beautiful nude pink that is great for those minimal makeup days and is super pigmented and flattering as well.
- Boots No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in the shade “Soft Damson”- I had never given Boots No7 a second thought when strolling the makeup aisles of Target until Jessica Braun from YouTube raved about this blush. I am so glad I watch YouTube and get all these recommendations because I never would have picked this up on my own! It is so subtle yet pigmented and flattering…..I’m obsessed. Trust me when I say you need this in your life.
- Wet n Wild ColorIcon Ombré Blush in the shade “In a Purple Haze”- I believe this is a Target exclusive. Purple-ish/mauve blushes really flatter my skin tone and this one is no exception. It blends beautifully, is super pigmented and makes me feel so confident when I wear it. Can’t beat that!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in the shade “Celebrated”- I am a HUGE fan of Tarte blushes and I knew I needed this one as soon as I laid eyes on it. This blush lasts for hours, is a beautiful pinky nude shade and just makes me feel like I’m glowing. Not to mention I know it will last me forever because Tarte blushes are indestructible. It is definitely a must have for me!
So….what’s your favorite blush? Let me know! Ttyl beauties 🙂