I must apologize for my absence as of late. I have been working like crazy, traveling and I even attended a beautiful wedding! I would like to share with you my outfit and makeup from the occasion.
Dress: H&M/ Shoes: Payless/ Earrings: Charlotte Russe
To do my hair, I used the BedHead Tapered Curling Wand and Big Sexy Hair hairspray. 🙂
ON MY FACE:
- Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish
- Color Correctors: Ulta Color Correcting Concealer Palette, Essence Say No to Dark Circles stick
- Concealer: Urban Decay Nakes Skin
- Foundation: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour
- Powders: Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder, Rimmel Stay Matte
- Contour: Maybelline Master Contour Palette
- Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in “Celebrated”
- Highlight: Laura Gellar Baked Gelato Swirl in “Gilded Honey”
ON MY EYES:
- Primer: Urban Decay “Eden”
- Eyeshadow: Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette, Anastasia Beverly Hills Single Shadow in “Pink Champagne”
- Eyeliner: Maybelline Line Stiletto on lid, Maybelline Waterproof Gel Liner on waterline
- Lash Primer and Mascara: Wet n Wild PhotoFocus Lash Primer, Covergirl Waterproof Plumpify Mascara
- Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer, Maybelline Brow Drama clear brow gel
- Browbone Highlight: Laura Gellar “Gilded Honey”
ON MY LIPS:
- Primer: Colourpop Lippie Stix Primer
- Lip Liner: Tarte Tarteist Lip Liner in “Latergram”
- Liquid Lipstick: Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in “TBT”
There you have it!!! This is definitely a look I was immensely proud of and just had to share it! My apologies for the absence and I cannot wait to post more for you guys!
On my latest Walgreens run, I stumbled upon a product I had never seen before: the Wet n Wild Color Icon Metallic Liquid Lipsticks. My curiosity was piqued, so I purchased 2 of the 6 shades; pictured below.
On the left: Peony Express
On the right: My Tulips are Sealed
Right off the bat I will say I love the packaging. It is sturdy, sleek and aesthetically pleasing. Next, the obvious step was to put them on the lips.
Here’s Peony Express:
Here’s My Tulips are Sealed:
Well, they’re definitely metallic.
The applicator is your typical doe foot applicator; it is very similar to the feel of the applicator on the Maybelline Color Elixir glosses. Which is fitting because the tacky feel and lack of staying power and pigmentation would lead you to believe these are glosses.
That being said, they would probably be stunning over a satin or even matte lipstick; or for a bright and fun pop of color.
Overall I would say not to lose your marbles over these because they aren’t the best. If you can find a way to make them work, then I would absolutely go for it!!
Have you tried this product yet? What are your thoughts?
Happy Thursday! Today’s theme will be frozen vegetables from Trader Joes that I believe are the top 5 best!
I have been working for Trader Joes for about 9 months now and was a religiously devoted customer beforehand. Yes, I know what you’re wondering….and it is indeed a phenomenal place to work 🙂
Let’s get into it!
- Organic Riced Cauliflower- a staple of many Weight Watchers programs, this is a very low carb alternative to rice. I absolutely love this stuff. At my store it is super popular and is usually sold out by noon on any given day. Due to its popularity and our difficult finding suppliers, the warehouse we use imposes a 2 case limit per day and there are only 24 bags per case. Not too much to work with when people are coming in and buying bags by the 10s. If you can get your hands in a bag, do it! You won’t be disappointed! (Side note: this product is also available fresh from the produce section in most regions).
- Zucchini Fries- while some may not consider this a vegetable, I decided to include it here. These are so good I have come to prefer them over normal fries. They are super soft so if you are a mushy French fry lover these are perfect for you. They are a staple in my freezer and once you try them, I’m sure they’ll be a staple in yours too!
- Misto alla Griglia- fancy for grilled eggplant and zucchini. This is just such a light, fresh side dish for any meal. It tastes just as good as if you had grilled them yourself and they are super low calorie. I personally love eggplant and zucchini; especially grilled. So this one was a no brainer for me. Serve it as a side with pasta or marinated chicken….you’ll never go back!
- True Belgian Brussel Sprouts- I know I know….who wants to eat Brussel sprouts, am I right? This item is more so on the list for the value. As a disclaimer, prices do vary by region, but at my store, a bag of these bad boys is only 99 cents so I would assume it can’t be much more than that anywhere else. If you’re looking for a clean eating option at a great price, look no further!
- French Green Beans- for the price, you get one big honkin bag of green beans. They’re super easy to prepare in the microwave and can be topped with oil, salt, etc. They are French style haricot betts type beans so they will be on the thinner side, but they’re delicious; I promise.
There you have it….from a crew member themself! What section would you like to see highlighted next week? Let me know in a comment! Bye for now, friends! 🙂
Yes, it is now Wednesday. Sorry; life got in the way of me posting yesterday!! Let’s get into it, shall we?
The theme this week will be my top 5 favorite makeup brushes for use in the face. They are pictured below!
Counter clockwise from the top:
- Up&Up Powder Brush- this is available at Target. This is an old standby for me. It is SUPER soft, and retains that softness over time. It always cleans super easily and is perfect for blending out a contour!
- Real Techniques Bold Metals Tapered Blush Brush- I bought mine at Ulta, but they are available at many places. Now I don’t know about you but I find angled/tapered brushes so much easier to apply blush with. This one makes it almost effortless. Bonus….it’s rose gold! I mean look how pretty it is!! I normally clean my brushes once per week but I always have to clean this one and my other bold metals brushes after each use because I’m terrified of staining them….ha.
- ELF Blending Brush- Got mine at Target. I love this brush for buffing in my foundation. It works wonders!! For $6 it has never once shed on me and it reminds me very much of the IT Cosmetics buffing brush for significantly less. My only gripe is that it starts to smell after a little while but as long as you diligently clean it that shouldn’t be a problem! It is an absolute must for under $10!
- Real Techniques Setting Brush- I got mine at Kohls on Black Friday but they are available at many drugstores and Ulta. This brush is IDEAL for setting under eye concealer. It fits perfectly! It is also under $10….yes please!
- ELF Angled Blush Brush- I bought mine at Target! As I previously stated, I love angled and tapered brushes for applying brushes. ELF is fantastic quality and super affordable! This makes applying blush a breeze, and this brush would also be great to contour with. Also, it never sheds. Score!
Well there you have it!!! Check back tomorrow for Trader Joes (my place of employment) Thursday where I will highlight some of my favorite products from each section. Bye for now!!
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! My name is Madison, and this is my face!
This blog will be a fashion and beauty blog; mostly beauty. Now, as an introduction, here are a few things about me:
- I am 22 years old and live in Western NY
- The name of this blog comes from the fact that I am a whopping 4 ft 10 in. Yeah…..I know.
- I have oily/combination skin that is prone to redness and acne. Its also very sensitive.
- I have fine hair with an oily scalp.
- I have blonde hair and blue eyes.
- I have cool undertones.
- I am nearsighted an wear glasses (no I do not have contacts nor do I want them)
- I have my BS in Forensic Science.
- I am a huge Disney nerd.
- I absolutely love floral prints.
- I am a crew member at Trader Joes; so expect to see them mentioned several times!
I will post 2-3 times per week and am always willing to take suggestions! I will be doing a favorites series on Tuesdays that will be called “Top 5 Tuesdays” where I will discuss my top 5 favorite (insert item here). Again, suggestions welcome! 🙂
I am very excited to start this journey and hope you all enjoy my musings and various topics! Check back soon for more!